Faraday Ozone drinking water solutions :
Ozone has been used in drinking water plants since 1906 where the first industrial ozonation plant was built in Nice, France. Water in its natural form is contaminated with a varying degree of organic materials, chemicals, metals, micor-organisms and other hazardous substances. It has to to be treated nonetheless.
The use of ozone is often the only and most effective technology for providing high-quality drinking water. Thanks to the environmentally- friendly way in which it works, is ideally suited for sustainable water treatment. As one of the most powerful commercially available oxidants, it addresses other water quality issues apart from disinfection, which are difficult or impossible to treat with other methods.
How Ozone is essential in drinking water application ?
• Disinfection, i.e. killing of most microorganisms - bacteria, virus inactivation, elimination of crytosporidia.
• Complete removal of odors, colors, toxic substances and bad tastes.
• Oxidation of metals & non-metals such as iron maganese, hydrogen sulpide, arsenic and all organic matter.
• Degeradation of pesticides, pharmaceutical and other contaminants.
• No harmful Tri-Halo-Methanes formation.
• No environmental or health-endangering harmchlorinated by-products.
• Low ozone doses are sufficient, faster in disinfection than conventional methods.
• Ozone is produced according to needs at the place of consumption from power and oxgen/air. Ozone disintegrates or is broken down into oxygen after the reaction.
• Ozone does not negatively impact the water’s taste and smell.